When I first went to university I was constantly told that it was where I would find ‘like minds’- people who would become my closest friends for the rest of my life. What I actually found was many people with similar interests, but not that many like minds. Blogging, on the other hand, has opened the world to a whole plethera of like minds, of people who genuinely make my day just that little bit happier- possibly because you only actually visit or comment on a blog if you’re interested in what that person has to say, interested in the way that they see the world. So it was a burst of sunshine (yes, cheesy pun) in my day to find that I had been nominated for an award by fellow blogger wantoncreation. The Sunshine Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who brighten up their day! Which makes me incredibly happy!
As with other awards, this one requires that I post the award picture in my post and link back to the person who nominated me: which in this case is wantoncreation, whose blog is absolutely fantastic, a definite must-read not only for the elegance in his writing but also his humor, sensitivity and general content. He also answers every comment on his blog which is something that frankly amazes me!
I also have to answer 10 personal questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers for the award.
1. Favorite color- At the moment, mint because of the fashion craze with mint at the moment. But also peach in a more general sense. Soft peach. Makes me think of flowers.
2. Favorite animal- Horse. Without a doubt. The only reason I’m doing my 100 book challenge and trying to raise money for World Horse Welfare. If you’re afraid of horses or indifferent, you really are missing out on an incredible experience. Loyal creatures their personalities and quirks makes them literally human. And beautiful too!
3. Favorite number- 16. Don’t know why, it just is.
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink- Carrot or cucumber juice. yum
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter- Facebook. I find Twitter confusing.
6. My passion- Not any one thing. I am passionate about a plethera of things. Riding, History, Ballet, Singing, I don’t think I can narrow it down to just one.
7. Prefer Giving or Getting presents- Giving. Nothing in the world compares to finding something which makes someone smile.
8. Favorite pattern- Most indian patterns on fabric. Stunning.
9. Favorite day of the week- Monday. I know, you think I’m mad, to reassure you it is also my least favorite day of the week, but I like mondays because every single one is a promise of a new start, new goals, a clean slate- a chance to do better than the last week.
10. Favorite flower- Tulips. So many pretty colors!
And now for 10 blogs. If I haven’t put your blog on here I probably still love reading your blog!
1. wantoncreation (who else!)
10. A.J. Jenner
(P.S I think you should visit all these blogs, just to see if you like them too)